2017 InVision Festival
November 3-5, 2017
Join us for three days of exciting opportunities to celebrate photography and image-based art through interactive presentations, workshops and exhibitions. The goal of InVision and its complimentary year-long programming is to make photography more accessible while offering an interactive and informative platform for photographers and artists at all levels of their career.
This dynamic festival leverages the unique attractions, history and landscape of the surrounding region and celebrates its diverse artistic and cultural community. InVision offers professional development, networking and hands-on workshops for photographers, image-based artists, creative entrepreneurs, makers and DIYers, and establishes a venue for information sharing among the creative community.
$65 | $58.50 ArtsQuest Members
Includes the choice of five lectures or presentations and a boxed lunch*. Excludes Portfolio Reviews.
* Saturday Lecture Passes purchased after Thursday, Nov 2nd will not include a boxed lunch.
- InVision Community Photo Pin-Up – Bring your best printed photographs and pin them up on First Friday, Nov. 3, 2017. The top three prints will win prizes.
- #InVision2017 Instagram Contest – From Oct. 1-Nov. 4, community members are encouraged to hashtag their favorite photos #InVision2017 and @bananafactory_pa for a chance to win. The images will be shown during the InVision Happy Hour on Nov. 4, 4-5:30 p.m., at Social Still, where a winner will be selected and announced. The winner will receive a Lens Package for SmartPhone and four 24” x 24” square prints from Dan’s Camera City.
- InVision College Photography Contest
- InVision Juried Image-Based Art Exhibition – featuring cash prizes and opportunity for top 3 works acquired by Allentown Art Museum, Michener Art Museum and Lehigh University Art Galleries’ for their permanent collections
- Morning Call Scholastic Digital Photography Contest Winners Announced
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS
- 2017 InVision Photo-Based Art Juried Exhibition
- 2017 InVision College Photography Exhibition
- Portfolio Reviews
- Present or Teach a Workshop
- Join the Artist Collective for year-round opportunities.
Interested in being an InVision Photo Month Partner? Click here to submit your listing.
For more information and to get involved contact Stacie Brennan, Senior Director Visual Arts.
Past Presenters include
- Rick Smolan (A Day in the Life)
- Larry C. Price (Two-time Pulitzer Prize Winner)
- Joe McNally (LIFE, ‘Faces of Ground Zero’)
- Larry Fink (Vanity Fair, GQ, The New Yorker)
- Sam Abell (National Geographic)
- Kathy Ryan (New York Times Magazine Photo Editor)
- Nick Nichols (National Geographic)
- Olivia Bee (Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, New York Times)
- Chase Jarvis (CreativeLive)
- Eugene Richards (National Geographic)