2016 Olympus InVision Photo Festival November 4-6, 2016
The Olympus InVision Photo Festival is a premier photo festival with broad appeal to amateur and professional photographers. Designed to foster excitement and dialogue between a diverse group of participants, the festival provides intimate access to world-class photographers and their work through innovative workshops, classes and presentations. InVision leverages the unique attractions, history and landscape of the surrounding region and celebrates its diverse artistic and cultural community.
More info coming soon!
For more information and to get involved contact Stacie Brennan, Senior Director Visual Arts at email@example.com.
- NEW! InVision 48 Hour Film Challenge
- Hands-on Workshops: nature, fashion, smartphone, architectural, action photography and more!
- College Photography Contest – featuring $1,500 for first prize and $1000 for second prize
- PA Photographer’s Competition – featuring cash prizes and opportunity for top 3 works acquired by Allentown Art Museum, Michener Art Museum and Lehigh University Art Galleries’ for their permanent collections
Past Presenters include
- Rick Smolan (A Day in the Life)
- Larry C. Price (Two-time Pulitzer Prize Winner)
- Joe McNally (LIFE, ‘Faces of Ground Zero’)
- Larry Fink (Vanity Fair, GQ, The New Yorker)
- Sam Abell (National Geographic)
- Kathy Ryan (New York Times Magazine Photo Editor)
- Nick Nichols (National Geographic)
- Olivia Bee (Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, New York Times)
- Chase Jarvis (CreativeLive)
- Eugene Richards (National Geographic)
Juried Photography Exhibitions – Enter Now
InVision College Photography Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: 10/22/16-12/18/16
This exhibition is an excellent opportunity for students to exhibit their works in a professional setting with thousands of visitors seeing the works during the duration of the show. Students may submit up to five (5) images for consideration.
InVision PA Photographers Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: 10/29/16-1/8/2017
This exhibition in our Crayola Gallery is a special juried exhibition created to highlight the many talented photographers living and working in Pennsylvania. This exhibition looks to highlight work from all types of photographers at different stages in their careers as well as many various types of photography itself.
Amateur Scholastic Digital PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
Calling All Young Photographers!
The Morning Call is seeking talented middle and high school students to submit their two-dimensional original portrait, action shot, land or cityscape photos and more.
- Open to students ages 13 to 18 years of age
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Prizes Awarded
- Winners will be featured in The Morning Call on Sunday, October 30, 2016 and during Invision Photo Festival
Submissions accepted starting Friday, August 26, 2016 online at www.mcvip.me
The 48 Hour Film Challenge
This challenge gives local filmmakers the opportunity to participate in a 48 Hour Film Challenge. After production and submission, selected films will be showcased at the Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas at SteelStacks on November 6 at 7:00pm.
Filmmakers must register via this entry form.
There is no cost to register.
The stipulations are (each film must contain the following):
- A specific line of dialogue
- A specific prop
- A specific character name
- A specific Bethlehem landmark
- Films must be between 3-5 minutes long
- No copyrighted music
On October 14, the participating filmmakers will meet at the ArtsQuest Center at 7:45pm to learn what these specific stipulations are. Each team will have a different set of stipulations and they must follow them.
Grand Prize: an Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II and 12-40mm PRO lens.
Runner Up: TBA.
InVision Photo Month
Nov. 1-30, 2016
InVision is proud to present the 7th-annual Lehigh Valley Photo Month featuring exhibits and workshops by over 20 different venues throughout the region.