Call for Art!
Color Through the Decade
Banana Factory Juried Exhibition
March 21-May 3, 2020
Artists living within a 50-mile radius of the Lehigh Valley are invited to submit artwork for consideration to the fourth-annual juried exhibition, Compendium: Chroma. This year’s exhibition asks artist to submit works inspired by and featuring a Pantone’s Color of the Year from the years 2010-2020. A full list is provided to artists below. Work must feature one of the Pantone’s color of the year. While the entire piece does not need to be in the selected color alone, it should be featured prominently in the work.
Compendium: Chroma, is designed to highlight the thriving art community of the Lehigh Valley and region and to showcase the diverse array of multi-disciplinary artists. In addition, the exhibition promotes the Artist Collective program at the Banana Factory Arts Center which offers creative networking, professional development, and career opportunities for visual artists.
The Juror for Compendium: Chroma, will be announced in the coming weeks.
Pantone’s Colors of the Year: 2010-2020
2012: Tangerine Tango
2014: Radiant Orchid
2016: Rose Quartz/Serenity
2018: Ultra Violet
2019: Living Coral
2020: Classic Blue
Submission Guidelines & Eligibility
- This exhibition is open to all two-dimensional work including photography, paintings, drawings, digital, mixed media, fibers, chalk, ink, pastels, wax, graphite and printmaking, plus three-dimensional works that fit within an 18X18” footprint.
- Each work must feature one of the Pantone’s color of the year. While the entire piece does not need to be in this color, this color should be featured prominently in the work.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 images (high resolution preferred, JPEG required) on our Formstack for jurying. Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S copyright laws.
- Image files must be labeled in the following format: LastName_FirstName_Image Title.jpg.
- Each artist may submit a short bio and an artist statement limited to one page total.
- A non-refundable entry fee is $25 for up to 3 submissions. Entry is waived for current Artist Collective Members.
- Entry and entry fee may be submitted and paid on-line via the Formstacks application. Artist may also send a check, and signed agreement with entry forms to
Attn: Nicole Gencarelli
Banana Factory Arts Center
25 W Third Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
- Artists will be required to drop off selected work at the Banana Factory for final jurying. A preliminary selection will be made by the juror from digital submissions, but final inclusion is contingent on this in-person jurying.
- Applications missing entry payments, images, or incomplete entry forms will not considered.
Requirements for all accepted work:
- All submitted work must be professionally presented. All framed work must be behind glass or plexi in a clean frame, with wire properly attached to the back of the frame. Work that requires unusual hanging will need to be discussed in advance. Please e-mail Nicole Gencarelli, Visual Arts & Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss hanging needs further.
- All work must also be labeled on back with name, title, medium, and price. If work is not for sale, please label NFS, but provide a value of the work.
- Shipped work must include return shipping and proper packaging. Insurance is highly recommended for shipped work. ArtsQuest is not responsible for providing return shipping and cannot return work until the artist provides pre-paid shipping.
- All work must include protective packaging whether it is being shipped or dropped off. This can include cardboard, corner protectors, bubble wrap, paper, boxes, etc. This ensures the protection of all work during pick up and drop off times. All packaging will be kept neat by ArtsQuest staff for the duration of the show and will be removed and repacked by staff.
- Entries must be no larger than 48 inches by 48 inches to the outside dimensions of the frame or piece (if no frame is used).
- All work must be claimed by 5/31/2020. ArtsQuest is not responsible for storing or retaining any artwork past this date.
**The final decision regarding the suitability of all artwork included in the exhibition will be made at the time of the installation. ArtsQuest and Juror has the right to refuse any artwork at the time of installation due to nature of framing, display, and significant different between submitted image and actual work.**
Deadline for submission with up to three images and entry fee of $25. Entries must be submitted by 12AM EST.
|February 28||Notification of preliminary acceptance or un-acceptance will be made by e-mail.|
Drop off/shipment arrival of accepted work. Drop off hours for Friday, March 13 are 9 a.m.-5 p.m, hours for Saturday, March 14 are 10 a.m.-12 p.m. All shipped work must arrive by 5 p.m. on March 14. If an artist is unable to drop off work on those dates and times, you must contact Nicole Gencarelli at email@example.com to arrange a drop off time. Work dropped off without proper arrangements outside of the drop off times will not be accepted by staff. Work arriving/received after March 14 is subject to not be hung in the exhibition.
|March 16-20||Final Jurying and installation in the Crayola Gallery at the Banana Factory Arts Center|
|March 21||Exhibition opens|
|April 3||Opening Reception and First Friday event from 6-9 p.m.|
|May 1||First Friday Reception and Southside Arts and Music Festival|
|May 3||Exhibition closes|
|May 4-9||Pick-up work at Banana Factory. Pick up hours on weekdays are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pick up hours on Saturday, May 9 are 10 a.m.-12 p.m. All shipped work with correct packaging and return shipping information will be shipped no later than May 15, 2020. ArtsQuest is not responsible for providing return shipping and cannot return work until artist provides pre-paid shipping. If an artist is unable to make the pick-up times, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to arrange a time. All work must be picked up by May 15, 2020. ArtsQuest is not responsible for storing or retaining any artwork past this date.|