Registration Info & Policies
You may register for any ArtsQuest™ class or workshop by:
- Registering online 24/7 at bananafactory.org.
- Calling the Banana Factory Arts Center at 610-332-1300. Registration hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-9 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Visiting the Banana Factory Arts Center, 25 W. Third St., Bethlehem. Building hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-332-1300.
We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards. Enrollment is accepted after FULL tuition is received. Read course descriptions carefully for dates, times, and required supplies. ArtsQuest only sends confirmation after online registration. Students registering all other ways should assume registration acceptance unless otherwise notified. ArtsQuest may decline an individual’s request to enroll in classes or participate in programs when necessary.
Visual Arts & Glass Service Fees
ArtsQuest uses AudienceView as our ticketing partner for Banana Factory Classes. As ArtsQuest processes all orders in house for Banana Factory Classes, we try to maintain the lowest fees possible. All Visual Arts & ArtsQuest Glass programming is subject to a $5 registration fee. This fee pays for the expenses associated with visual arts classes and programs – staffing, room set-ups, mailing costs, and ticketing services. We are committed to giving all people access to quality music and arts. ArtsQuest reserves the right to change this at any time.
ArtsQuest™ reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. If you register for a course that is cancelled, you will be notified of the cancellation via phone or email and issued a refund or a gift certificate to be used on any future class excluding glass. ArtsQuest™ is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses incurred due to a class cancellation.
Refunds and Exchanges
If a student requests a cancellation more than ten days before the class or workshop begins, they will receive a full refund less a $10 administrative fee (or $25 administrative fee for camp). No refund will be issued for student cancellations made less than ten days before the start of class, under any circumstances. A $10 administrative fee is charged for all cancellations and exchanges for classes and $25 for art camp programs. All exchanges must be made before the end of the calendar year. To request a refund, please contact 610-332-1300 or email@example.com.
Students are permitted on a case by case basis to switch from one class/workshop to another within a given semester if they do not wish to continue with their current program for an additional $10 processing fee for classes and $25 processing fee for camps. With the instructor’s permission, students may join a class that has already started and the tuition will be prorated.
ArtsQuest™ reserves the right to make staff, fee, room and regulation changes without prior notice.
As classes sell out, we do our best to add additional seats or sessions as space allows. A sold out class will be labeled as so with a “join the waitlist” button. Click the button and follow the steps to be placed on the waitlist. Should a space in the class become available, you will be notified via Eventbrite and allotted 24 hours to claim your seat. If unclaimed after 24 hours, the seat will be offered to the next person on the list or released to the public. No accommodations will be made for unclaimed seats.
Materials & Supply Lists
Materials are included in the price of all classes unless otherwise indicated. Classes with supply lists will have them available in the description and students will be contacted in advance of the class.
ArtsQuest™ does not offer makeup dates, refunds, or credits for any registered student who is unable to attend a scheduled class.
In the event of inclement weather, students should visit www.wfmz.com for updates or call 610-332-1300, to learn the status of classes for that day. A makeup session will be scheduled for any class that is cancelled due to the weather.
Artwork Pickup Policy
In most cases, student artwork can be taken home at the culmination of the course, however some classes and mediums require a processing time for student work before it can be picked up. When a processing time is required, all registered students will be notified via email when artwork is ready for pick-up. Student artwork will be held 30 days after the course or camp end date. All work is subject to discard after the 30-day period.
ArtsQuest Member Discounts
Become a member today and save! ArtsQuest Members receive a 10% discount on visual arts classes and camps and a 5% discount on Glass Studio classes and camps. Member will receive an email with Promo Codes to unlock discounts online. To become a Member and receive a variety of benefits, including special Member pricing on ArtsQuest’s festivals at SteelStacks, please call 610-332-1300 or visit artsquest.org/member.
The staff of ArtsQuest™ will be happy to create a custom-designed art workshop or program for your group, club, corporate outing or party. Special discount pricing available for educational institutions and nonprofits. Please call 610-332-1300 for more information.
Scholarships & Tuition Assistance
Scholarship assistance is available for those who qualify based on financial need. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are disbursed. Scholarships are limited to one class or camp per child or adult per session. Please call 610-332-1300 for more information regarding our scholarship program.
ArtsQuest reserves the right to use photographs taken during classes and other programs for the marketing and promotion of the Banana Factory Arts Center. Any parent or legal guardian who does not wish to have his or her child photographed is asked to notify ArtsQuest upon registration.
Ceramics/Clay Studio Policies
Students are responsible for cleaning up any mess they produce in the classroom.
- Wipe table workspace with wet sponge
- Clean all tools in sink and return them to appropriate storage locations.
- Store all clay and student work in appropriate locations.
- Water bucket emptied using sieve, discard clay goes to appropriate container.
- Thoroughly wash the basin pieces of the wheel you worked on.
- Wipe wheel surfaces and re-set the basin pieces.
- Wipe the floor around your wheel with a wet sponge.
Clay contains silica, and when dry, creates silica dust. Breathing in large amounts of silica dust is harmful. Please follow proper clean-up procedures to ensure a safe environment for all students and instructors.
General Classroom, Firing & Glazing Policies
- Each class is allotted space for storing work in-progress and for storing their clay. If your work exceeds allotted space, consult with your instructor.
- NO outside clay or other materials are allowed in the studio. Students may bring in personal tools from home, but ArtsQuest will not be responsible for damaged, lost or stolen personal tools.
- All work is glazed on the final session of a multi-week class. All wet work must be completed two weeks prior to the final session to ensure it can be bisque-fired before glazing.
- Each class or workshop has a specific amount of clay built into the price of the class. Students can purchase one additional 25-pound bag of clay from our front desk for $40.00, which includes the cost of clay, cost of additional glazes, and additional firing fees. Purchase of additional clay subject to availability. Students may not purchase additional clay exceeding the extra 25-pound bag unless they are enrolled in a new session of classes.
- The clay studio is not a production studio. Students working in the studio may only be working on projects completed during class time with the allotted clay, or with the additional bag of clay they have purchased.
- Students are responsible for labeling their work and are encouraged to photograph their work at each stage. Clay shrinks as it dries and when it is fired, and glaze colors can change during the firing process; labelling and documenting your work is important to help identify your artwork in its finished form.
- The firing process is inherently risky, and work may get damaged or broken due to factors outside of our control. Though all staff take great care to make sure student work is returned undamaged, ArtsQuest is not liable for broken, damaged, or missing artwork. No refunds or credits will be issued in the event that a student is dissatisfied with their work.
- Firing work is the last stage of the ceramic process. Work will be fired at the end of your class or workshop by our ceramic tech. Our tech will make every effort to have all work fired in a timely manner, though many factors can delay the firing or unloading of the kiln. The turnaround time for work to be completed and ready for pick up is approximately 3-5 weeks from either the last class when glaze was applied to bisque fired work, or the glaze day attended.
- For students attending Summer Camps: Due to the nature of kiln firing and our camp schedule, it is likely student work will not be fired until the end of July/early August. We thank you in advance for your patience as student work is fired during the summer season.
Working Time Outside of Class Time
Currently registered students are allowed to use the studio outside of the allotted class time during the time period covering their classes. While working in the studio outside of class time, students may work on trimming or other finalizing steps for your work, but NO NEW WORK may be created, and no outside clay, tools or other materials may be brought into the classroom.
All students using the studio outside of class time agree to the following:
- Students must check the room is not currently in use before coming into the building. There are several ways students can get this information: 1) you may call into the front desk and ask for them to view the days’ room schedule and let you know if and when the space is booked that day, 2) you may look at the whiteboard calendar in the classroom space while in class (updated by our Ceramic Tech Megan Padden monthly), or 3) you may ask the front desk staff to look at the schedule while you in the building for your class. Please note that schedules are subject to change, and ArtsQuest reserves all rights to book the space for other ArtsQuest events, classes, or programs at any time.
- The studio is only available while other classes and programs are not in session, and during building hours. Students are expected to clean up and leave the studio before closing time. Front desk staff may periodically remind students when close to closing time that it is time to clean up.
- Students must sign in at our front desk before entering the studio and sign out when they leave.
Completed Work Pick-Up Policies
- Staff will contact students via email when all work has been fired and is ready for pick up at the Banana Factory Arts Center. Students have a TWO-WEEK maximum time period allowed for pick up after the email is sent out. All work not claimed within two weeks of notification is subject to discard. ArtsQuest and the Banana Factory Arts Center are not responsible for unclaimed work.
- If you are unable to make the pickup during the above time window, please have another student in the class pick up work for you, or reach out to Aliya Brown, Visual Arts Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another time. If arrangements are not made BEFORE the end of the pick-up window, work will be considered unclaimed and is subject to discard.
- ArtsQuest does not provide packaging for pick-up and students are recommended to bring in cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, newspaper, old towels, etc. for artwork transport.
ArtsQuest Ticket Policy
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. ArtsQuest is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged tickets. Your E-mail Order Confirmation and proper photo identification are needed whenever picking up tickets in person.
ArtsQuest uses AudienceView as our ticketing partner.
Each ticket will allow one admittance. All persons, including children and/or infants accompanied by a parent or guardian and if permitted via the age restrictions of the particular performance, must have a ticket. Any audience age restrictions for a performance will be delineated on the ArtsQuest ticketing page for that performance. If a ticket holder leaves the venue, for any reason, re-admittance will not be allowed.
Tickets purchased from ArtsQuest via AudienceView, ArtsQuest websites or Box Offices are for your personal use and may not be resold for more than face value. ArtsQuest reserves the right to cancel any order we deem in conflict of this policy. In the interest of preserving affordable ticket prices for all patrons, ArtsQuest is not responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties. We cannot provide customer service notifications or refunds for tickets purchased from unauthorized sites, unauthorized ticket distributors or brokers.
There may be per-order ticket limits established by concert promoters or show producers for some events. These limits will appear on the specific event page and must be adhered to.
ADA seating is available for all performances. All requests for wheelchair accessible seating must be made during regular business hours, at time of ticket purchase, by calling the ArtsQuest Center Box Office or visiting any ArtsQuest Box Office including the ArtsQuest Center, Banana Factory, Bethlehem Visitor Center at SteelStacks and Musikfest’s Wind Creek Steel Stage Box Office. One companion seat is available for purchase with each ADA concert ticket; ADA tickets may be required to be picked up at will call.
Entry into a performance venue with weapons, illegal drugs, food, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Audio recording, videotaping or flash photography during performances is not permitted. ArtsQuest facilities and event seating areas are smoke-free. This includes all tobacco products, electronic smoking devices (such as electronic cigarettes), and handheld vaporizers. Please use designated smoking areas only. Items covered by the Controlled Substances Act, Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (including those intended for medical use) are not permitted at any time. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
If an event is canceled, ArtsQuest will post this information on the website and/or contact ticketholders and provide a full refund for the amount that was paid for the ticket. Shipping and service fees are NOT refundable. If an event is postponed or rescheduled, the ticket will be honored for the rescheduled event date. New tickets will not be reissued for most rescheduled or postponed events.
Inclement weather for any outdoor performances or events is not cause for a refund unless a performance or event is cancelled. A performance that has begun, but is shortened due to severe weather conditions, is not cause for a full or partial refund.
ArtsQuest tries to maintain the lowest fees possible for all transactions, while offering the best possible ticketing system and purchasing experience possible for our customers. These fees pay for the expenses associated with operating our many free concerts, our ticketing department, ticketing company partnership, and, regarding Musikfest, the construction of our 6,500-seat venue for the festival each year, as well as the City of Bethlehem’s Amusement tax which is detailed in the following sections, and things like our after-school programming for at risk youth.
City of Bethlehem First Responder Fee/Amusement Tax
Effective February 5, 2013
The tax is 5% of any ticket priced more than $10.00 with a maximum tax value of a $2.00 per ticket (i.e., all tickets over $40.00 have a $2.00 tax cap). The tax is applied to the base ticket price before any service fees (so a $29.00 ticket with a $6.00 service fee will total $36.45).
100% of The City Amusement tax revenue goes to the City of Bethlehem
This tax only applies to venues with capacities greater than 200.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For questions on ArtsQuest ticket policies and fees, please contact ArtsQuest Box Office Manager Kate Gallagher Ott at 610-332-1383 or email@example.com.