March 5 · Happenings
Join us for a special in-person First Friday event on Friday, March 5 from 6–9 p.m. at the Banana Factory! Attendees will enjoy guided gallery tours, select open studios, and glassblowing demos. In lieu of a hands-on art-making activity, to-go art kits will be available for families.
Three exhibitions will be on view:
- The Lehigh Art Alliance Winter Exhibition
- The 5×5 Show
- Tammy Kushnir Down the Beaten Path: A Journey Through Emotions
Open artist studios:
You must be accompanied by an ArtsQuest staff member to tour the artist studios.
- 1st floor: Cody Abrachinsky – Emerging Artist Studio 104
- 2nd floor: Anthony Smith, Jr. – Studio 242
- 3rd floor: Lauren Kuhn – Studio 345, Keith Garubba – Studio 343, Dr. Lee Riley – Studio 337
The event is free, but registration is required to manage capacity. Registration is available for one-hour time slots only. You will only be permitted to be inside the building in the hour for which you register. Capacity is 30 per hour.
The following rules will be in effect:
- Masks must be worn all times. Masks must be worn over nose and mouth.
- Social distancing must be practiced.
- No food or beverage is permitted inside the building.
- COVID waivers must be signed and submitted before entering the building.
- All visitors must self-screen prior to entering the building. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/coronavirus-self-checker.html
- All visitors must sign-in at the Banana Factory for contact tracing purposes.
- Link to Banana Factory Health & Safety Guidelines: https://www.bananafactory.org/2020/07/09/banana-factory-re-opening/
7-8 p.m. | Virtual First Friday Artist Talk: Tammy Kushnir
Join us virtually on our March First Friday to learn more about one of our current exhibitions, Down the Beaten Path: A Journey Through Emotions, from artist Tammy Kushnir. This event will be held via zoom and is free to attend, but registration is required.