The People's Ball
Saturday, May 6 · view days & times
Price: $40 | $35 ArtsQuest Member
Venue: Crayola Gallery
We kick off the spring exhibition with The People’s Ball, a party that celebrates art, style, and our community. We invite guests to channel their inner fashionistas and strut their stuff for this fun and festive event. Guests are encouraged to walk the runway, enjoy the exhibition, and dance the night away as we celebrate our creative community. Guests can also take part in a Best in Style competition judged by local style icons.
The exhibition for the inaugural People’s Ball in 2023 is An Uncommon Thread: Fashion is Fine Art by Bethlehem-based fashion designer, Barbara Kavchok. The exhibition will feature 14 original hand-made designs. The pieces are gloriously crafted and are inspired by the juxtaposition of organically shaped plant forms and man-made straight lines. The gowns and accompanying illustrations are meant to visually embody what we are all ill equipped to put into words -the feeling that the world is on a new path, or rebirth rather, never before chartered to a scary yet hopeful future where we can embrace the undeniable synergy between nature and man-made innovation.
- Guests can view the exhibition, meet the designer and either participate in or watch a runway show. Following the runway show, guests will enjoy drinks and dancing in the gallery.
- Calling all fashionistas! The People’s Ball is your chance to walk the runway and show off your unique style. Local style icons and designers will be on hand to judge the runway show and hand out awards for winners in each of the four categories. We have 10 spots open in each category. Runway Show categories include Best Handmade, Best Thrifted, Best Emerging Designer and Best Overall Look. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category! The runway show will take place during The People’s Ball on Saturday, May 6th at The Banana Factory. The runway show will start at 8:45 p.m. There is a $20 fee for runway show participation.
- There will be passed appetizers and a cash bar (wine, beer, soda).
- The Nite Liters will be DJing.
- The event runs 7-11 p.m. The runway show will begin at 8:45 p.m.
- The event will feature tented outdoor areas with lots of photo opportunities.
Proceeds from ticket sales support free Visual Arts and Education programs at The Banana Factory.
- Saturday, May 6, 2023 @ 7:00 PM 05/06/2023 07:00 PM 05/06/2023 10:00 PM 15 The People's Ball https://www.bananafactory.org/event/13752/the-peoples-ball/ Crayola Gallery false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationCrayola Gallery
25 W Third Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions