On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
October 6, 2017 · Happenings
- Artist Talk by Emily Erb – 7:00pm, Banko Gallery
- Banana Factory Resident Artist Annual Exhibition – Crayola Gallery
- Emily Erb, Narratives – Banko Gallery
- ArtsQuest Staff and Teaching Artists – Hallway to the Arts and Studio 104
- Pop-up Exhibition: Michelle Lee, Artist Collective Member, 24 E. Building, Third St, Bethlehem, PA
- Featured Resident Artist Wall – Deb Slahta (Studio 247) and Kevin Herbst Haaf (Studio 351)
- Hot Glass Demonstration, Halloween Pumpkin – 7:00pm, Hot Glass Studio
- Craft Activity: Zombies vs Vampires!
Come make a mixed-media mask and choose your side, Team Zombie or Team Vampire! This craft activity will be so fun, it’s scary! Kids attending this creative activity are welcome to come in costume.
- Zombies vs. Vampires themed Kids Scavenger Hunt
Kids can pick up a scavenger hunt in the Visual Arts Classroom which takes them all around the Banana Factory Building. While completing the activity, kids can learn about artistic vocabulary while also searching to see which Banana Factory Resident Artists are Team Zombie or Team Vampire!
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.