On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
December 2, 2016 · Happenings
Celebrate another year of arts in the Lehigh Valley during First Friday!
THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
- Spirituality in Art presentation and discussion with Resident Artist David Sommers – 7:00pm, Banko Gallery
- View the Pennsylvania Photographers’ Juried Exhibition, the College Photography Juried Competition, Ian Ruhter: Carnival of Dreams and Faces of the SouthSide exhibitions (First Floor)
- Featured Resident Artist exhibitions from Devyn Leonor Briggs (Studio 254) and Trisha Mae (Studio 347)
- Make a beautiful ornament with teaching artist Kavita Karecha in the Visual Arts Classroom (1st Floor)
- Banana Factory Resident Artist Kevin Herbst Haaf will be doing a jewelry making demo in the Jewelry Studio (3rd Floor)
- Santa Bannon/Fine Art exhibitions of “Stephen Perloff: North Dakota” and “Power to the Portrait: Thomas Shillea, Brian H. Peterson and Dave Moser” (First Floor)
- Enjoy festive caroling from the Lehigh Valley Gay Men’s Chorus throughout the building!
- Raffle tickets to win an original artwork from a Banana Factory Resident Artist will be available for purchase at the Front Desk (1st Floor)
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.
First Friday is sponsored by: