On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
July 1, 2016 · Happenings
First Floor of the Banana Factory
- International Society of Experimental Artists 25th Annual Juried Exhibition (Crayola Gallery)
- ArtsQuest Staff & Teaching Artists Exhibition (Hallway to the Arts)
- Community Hands Exhibition (Studio 104)
- Take a break to think about all the fantastic art you’ve just experienced, and relax on our beautiful patio with a cold drink. While you’re there, contribute to our Woven Wall, a new public art project.
- NEW! Meet NEW visual arts teaching artist Erika Stearly, and experiment with different art materials in the Visual Arts Classroom from 6:00-8:30pm.
- Join the Glass Staff to create your very own Glass Seashell by signing up for the Hot Glass Experience from 5:00PM – 7:00PM!
Third Floor of the Banana Factory
- Join Resident Artist Kevin Herbst Haaf for a jewelry making demonstration in the Jewelry Studio at 7:30pm!
July Featured Artists
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.
First Friday is sponsored by: