On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
February 2, 2018 · Happenings
- FREE Craft Activity and Community Sculpture with Resident Artist and Teaching Artist Virginia Abbott – 6PM-9PM, Visual Arts Classroom and Studio 104
Learn how to make a unique piece of art from recycled materials, then add your piece to the community sculpture!
- Artist Talk with Dan R. Talley – 6:30PM, Banko Gallery
Dan R. Talley talks about his current work on display, The Trouble with Cowboys
- Artist Talk with Anthony Smith Jr. – 7:30PM, Studio 245
Resident Artist Anthony Smith will be discussing his Pilot series currently on display at the ArtsQuest Center
- Hot Glass Demonstration, – 7:00pm, Hot Glass Studio
Front row seats to watch how our glass staff makes a unique piece of art!
- FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt – 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom.
Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Lehigh Valley Art Wars Throw down Round One – 6PM-9PM, First and Second Floors
Sixteen Art Warriors are chosen by public voting at an open-call “Throw Down”. Art Wars is a round robin type of tournament where four artists compete at each battle. Two artists from each one move on to the next round. The sixteen artists are narrowed down to eight, to four, and eventually to one winner. At each battle the artists have two hours to create their piece of work based on a theme provided just before the countdown begins. The artwork is then voted on by the audience and a secret jury. A voting ticket is $5, and half of the ticket sales at each event are split between the four artists competing, the remainder funds the grand prize of at least $1000
- The Trouble With Cowboys, Dan R Talley – Banko Gallery
- Lehigh Valley Art Alliance Juried Exhibition – Crayola Gallery
- Sacred Geometry Kaitlyn Coppens – Hallway to the Arts
- Dreadnought, Anthony Smith Jr – Alvin H. Butz Gallery, ArtsQuest Center at Steelstacks
- Succulent Series: a Pop-Up Exhibition by Diana Ogaard – 24 East Building, 3rd Street, Bethlehem
- Vendors/Community Partners:
Girl Scout Troop 6030 will be selling cookies outside of Crayola Gallery
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.