On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
January 6, 2017 · Happenings
THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
- PA Photographer’s Juried Exhibition 1st Place Winner Judy Gelles will be giving an artist talk about her Fourth Grade Project – Banko Gallery @7pm
- Over the past eight years Judy Gelles has interviewed and photographed over 300 fourth grade students from the USA, China, India, Italy, England, Nicaragua, St. Lucia, South Africa, and South Korea.
- Fourth Graders from around the world were asked to answer three questions: Who do you live with?, What do you wish for?, and What do you worry about?
- Told in their own words, their stories touch on common human experiences and urgent social issues.
- Family Art Activity with Kavita Karecha – Visual Arts Classroom, 6-9pm
- Glass Blowing Demonstration with Dan Getz – Hot Glass Studio 7pm
- Fiber Artist Kimberly Tanzos will be working on “warping” her loom in Studio 244
- Visit all of the Banana Factory Resident Artists in their studios, including ArtPOP billboard winners Melissa Perhamus, Michelle Neifert and Erin Anderson!
- NEW! When Stars on High: Paintings by Abbey Rosko – Hallway to the Arts
- Carnival of Dreams: Ian Ruhter – Banko Gallery
- InVision PA Photographers Juried Exhibition – Crayola Gallery
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.
First Friday is sponsored by: