First FridayOn the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
May 6, 2016 · Happenings
First Floor of the Banana Factory
- Artisan Pop-up Shop in the Banko Gallery
- Faces of the SouthSide with Broughal Students in the Hallway to the Arts.
- National Association of Women Artists: Creative Muse in the Crayola Gallery.
- Community Hands Exhibition (Studio 202)
- Drawing and Painting Student Exhibition (Studio 104)
Second Floor of the Banana FactoryColor Me Purple for Prince with Stephanie Smith in studio 250. Color your own special tribute mandala for Prince using varying shades of purple crayons and pencils from 6-8:30 pm.
Third Floor of the Banana FactoryThe Red Show featuring Banana Factory Arts Center Resident Artists.
May Featured Artists
- Michelle Neifert
- Melissa Perhamus
- upcoming featured artist…Erin Anderson
Throughout the Building…….Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
- Meet the artist of Faces of the SouthSide with Broughal Students and Ryan Huvat during their First Friday Reception!
- Join the Glass Staff to create your very own Glass Flower by signing up for the Hot Glass Experience from 5:00PM – 7:00PM!
- Join us in the Visual Arts classroom to make a colorful handmade paper flower for mom, grandmom or that special lady in your life!
- Visit all the Resident Artist studios, and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory!
- Representatives from Boutique at the Rink: Fighting Cancer with Style will be here to talk about the wonderful work they do in our community.
- Light refreshments provided by Wegman’s
Around South BethlehemClick the poster to view a larger version