On the first Friday of every month, South Bethlehem comes alive for a community celebration. Local merchants, restaurants and galleries open their doors to celebrate our awesome community. Our First Friday activities are headquartered at the Banana Factory Arts Center – The fun kicks off at 6pm each month and wraps up around 9pm.
- Learn more about the Banana Factory
- Check out our Banana Factory Resident Artists
- View the art classes we offer at the Banana Factory and the ArtsQuest Center
Interested in having a presence at First Fridays in the Banana Factory Arts Center? Please fill out the application below! Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis, and applicants will be notified via phone or email if they have been accepted.
July 7, 2017 · Happenings
This event is FREE for everyone, family friendly and full of creative activities!
- ArtsQuest Members’ Reception – 5-6pm, Crayola Gallery
- You Can’t Make This Stuff Up – Exhibition Opening by Ericka Stearly, Hallway to the Arts
- Artist Talk by Erika Stearly – 7:30pm in the Banko Gallery
- Lehigh Valley Rocks Painted Rock Project – Visual Arts Classroom
- Lehigh Valley Zine Fest Preview Night and Vendor Table – Banko Gallery
- Hot Glass Art Demonstration – 7pm in the Hot Glass Studio
- Drinks on the Terrace – seating under string lights on the Terrace for the summer!
- Craft Activity: Painted Rock Project – Visual Arts Classroom
- DIY Zine/Book with Teaching Artist Kavita Kharecha – Banko Gallery
- Pop-up exhibition: Katie Hovencamp, 24 East Building on 3rd street
Katie Hovencamp began her professional studies at the Baum School of Art in Allentown, PA and received her BFA from Arizona State University in 2009 and her MFA from the Pennsylvania State University in 2014. Hovencamp has exhibited her work in numerous exhibitions within the United States, The United Kingdom, and Latvia.
Throughout the Building…….
Visit all the Resident Artist studios and meet the individuals creating the incredible work on display throughout the Banana Factory.
Additional public parking is available across the street from the Banana Factory at the Riverport Garage.